The PADI Divemaster course is completed as an internship and lasts around 6 weeks. You begin the internship with theory studies to expand your knowledge on all aspects of diving ranging from equipment maintenance to running dive center operations.
Your instructor progressively guides you on becoming a dive leader. As your confidence grows you expand your knowledge and skills in the underwater environment. As a part of your daily tasks, you assist the instructors and divemasters with our dive trips and PADI courses.
You will form part of the Aquanaut’s team. You work hand in hand with our crew executing all kinds of dive related tasks. You will also attend to our customers, and as you feel more and more comfortable with your skills, you eventually get to guide our divers underwater.
The great thing about the Divemaster internship is that you have unlimited dives ! Your office is the Bacuit Bay where you can explore our numerous dive sites. Food on board or on the gorgeous beaches is also always included.
Upon certification you will be able and ready to find work anywhere in the world. You will be a role model for other divers, professionalism and exemplary behavior will be your standards.
What you need to bring
- Your dive equipment(*) :
Fins, mask, snorkel and wetsuit (3 to 5 mm. recommended)
Buoyancy control device (BCD)
Regulator (primary and secondary stage, alternative air source)
Submergible depth and pressure gauge
Dive computer and compass
One audible and one visible signalling device (whistle, surface marker buoy)
- Sunglasses, sun cream, towel and flip flops
- A big smile and motivation
(*) Regarding your dive equipment: don’t worry if you are missing some parts. We can provide a discount on all equipment purchases.
What is included
- Unlimited fun dives for the whole duration of the internship
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty course (Nitrox)
- Discount on all dive equipment purchases
- Discount on all PADI Specialty courses
- Divemaster study materials
- Lunch on board in all diving trips
- Discount in Safety Stop Bar
Not included are the PADI certification fees and use of dive equipment.
Prerequisites and Experience required
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training completed within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Have a minimum of 40 logged dives
- Be at least 18 years old
The Divemaster internship can be very flexible and adaptable to your schedule and requirements so please contact us before booking.